Erin K. Wagner is a speculative fiction writer, interested in examining how the human responds to the inhuman. She grew up in southeast Ohio on the border of Appalachia, but now lives in central New York, where she hikes in the Catskills and listens for ghostly games of nine-pins. She holds her Ph.D. in medieval literature and teaches literature and writing in the SUNY system. She splits her time between academic research, investigating how medieval English writers navigated their own religious identities, and creative writing. Her stories have appeared in a variety of publications, from Apex to Perihelion, and her novella The Green and Growing is available with Aqueduct Press. You can visit her website at https://erinkwagner.com/ or follow her on Twitter.
- “There is No Friend Like a Sister”: Christina Rossetti
- “[T]o Be Beautiful and Awesome and Butt-Kicking”: G. Willow Wilson
- “Adventures Bright”: Marie de France
- “To Be Men’s Tyrants”: Margaret Cavendish
- A Woman Was Here: An Introduction
- “Electric Ladies”: Janelle Monae
- Ladies’ Tree, Fairies’ Tree: Joan of Arc as Muse