order now Linda is a twenty-something millennial living and working in the Hudson Valley. She loves fandom, pop culture, sailing, tarot cards, and crying in movie theaters. Her poetry and short stories have been published in local magazines and anthologies, and her blog posts appear across the web for a number of local organizations and businesses.
canadian pharmacy online She grew up influenced by Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. When Linda was in middle school she started reading young adult fiction and never grew out of it. She’s been writing fanfiction since fifth grade, when she wrote a poem about Legolas for her school’s poetry competition.
Now, she loves experimenting with format and trying new things, and is currently working on a feature screenplay and a radio show.
If you want to listen to her talk about pop culture, the repeating cycles of media, and those stories that we can’t get out of our heads, you can listen to her podcast, Retronym, on iTunes.
- Celebrating Virginia Woolf’s Sapphic Fiction
- Who’s Steering the Ship?
- A Fandom History Primer (Part II)
- A Fandom History Primer (Part I)
- What Hands Say in The Last Jedi
- Turning a Fandom Around: Self-Critique, Siloism, and the Failure of Satire
- Bringing Back Issues (Zine Culture)
- The Power of Collaborative Fandom: Challenges, Bangs, and Charities
- The Many Manys: Flame Con, Fandom, and Joy
- Fanfilms, Authority, and Accessibility
- The Importance of Queer Fandom
- The Hugo Awards and the AO3