Thinking about submitting your brilliant fiction to LSQ? It’s time to stop thinking and click submit. We want to read your work so send it our way! If you’re a female author writing speculative fiction who believes women tell amazing stories worth reading and sharing, then you’ll fit right in.
Submissions close August 15th 2016.
Check out our complete guidelines before submitting, but here’s a few basics to know:
Stuff we want:
- Science Fiction
- Space Opera
- New Fairy Tales (not retellings)
- Some creepiness
- Stories that explore the nooks and crannies of an original world
- Big events from the everyman perspective
- Unique settings and storytelling forms
- Well written stories with strong characters
Stuff we don’t want:
- Anything biased toward any religion, race or moral preference
- Extreme gore or sexual content (everything in moderation)
- Fan Fiction (original stories only, please)
- Bad grammar/punctuation (please proofread and watch your sentence structure!)
Sound good? We think so too.
To get a better sense of who we are and to further support LSQ’s efforts to empower female writers, you can purchase Issue 26 here.
Can’t wait to read your stories!