Eight great stories there be
In a publication as fine as the sea
Read them right now
And think about how
Women authors are rocking a Quarterly
Dearest readers, we’ve been busy here at the Quarterly this week and it feels so good. Here’s what the blog has been up to:
- On Monday, we started the week with our last interview with an Issue 033 author: Katharine Coldiron. We talked about writing, opera, dystopias, and her short story “C-a-l-l-a-s.”
- On Tuesday, Tracy Townsend addressed an area of writing where many of us struggle: writing good fight scenes.
- On Wednesday, Christina “DZA” Marie sat us down and talked real talk: how to write women characters. (Spoiler for those who struggle: it’s not hard. Like, at all.)
- On Thursday, Wendy Van Camp gave us an interview with author Elizabeth Guizzetti.
- Friday was a BIG DAY!!!! We released Issue 034 (check it out! check it out!!!) and posted an interview with our fabulous cover artist.