My Chinese name is Wang Lishan, better known to my friends as Tiffany. I am a Singaporean of Chinese Hokkien descent. I write short stories, narrative essays and I am also working on a novel. I studied English Literature at University of London.
As I used to head the Literature department of Page One Singapore before its closure, my affection for brick and mortar bookstores was deepened through the experience.
When not reading or writing, I enjoy taking my terrier for a long walk. I enjoy running too. I find both activities gratifying particularly when I hit a snag with my writing.
My writing could also be found on University of London Official Student Blog at http://londoninternational-blog.com/category/english/, and a food heritage blog at https://smallbigfeast.com/.
- On Gluttony
- Going to a Play – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Dickens & Orwell
- The Prime (or Tragedy) of Miss Jean Brodie
- Book Review: We Should All Be Feminists
- Female Camaraderie
- The Florence Foster Jenkins in Us
- Reading Diversely
- For The Love of Bookstores
- Two Helpful Books for Writers
- El, Magwitch, and All of Us